Thursday, January 23, 2014

Memphis Style: Bold Lipsticks

I have a little bit of a beauty obsession.

I'm addicted to bold, colorful, audacious lipsticks. Especially in this gloomy Memphis weather.

Like, I have a problem.

*That's just the random sampling I pulled from my PURSE. ALL of those were in my purse. See. It's a problem.
**That's NARS "Full Frontal," Makeup Forever "Rouge Intense - Moulin Rouge," L'Oreal "British Red," Covergirl "Stunner," and (in front) Revlon "Ravish Me Red" and Makeup Forever "8". The tall balms are Revlon ColorBurst Balm Matte in Unapologetic and Showy. 

I've talked about my love of red lipstick before. But lately I've been branching out a little bit. 

And it's all Emma Stone's fault. 

Or maybe Revlon's. 

Or maybe both. 

I was in Walgreens the other day and walked past this: 

*Via The Budget Beauty Blog. Which is fantastic btw. 

So I already have a giant girl crush on Emma Stone, and then, there I am in Walgreens, my hands too full of toothpaste and a magazine I just had to have and bandaids and a Diet Coke, and...well...I just couldn't stop myself. 

Look. 

She's freaking adorable. 



"Easy A" is the best. Also Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson. Love.

So when I saw Emma Stone + MATTE (!!!) lipstick I was a hopeless case.

But I've been wearing a LOT of bolds lately, so here are some of my favorites.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm - Unapologetic 

(Also I had just gotten my hair done. That doesn't happen naturally).

This is a great pink color - kind of between a berry and a hot pink. And it is BRIGHT. I like that it's matte, and the balm makes it really easy to apply. Also, it's really moisturizing.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm - Striking


This is a more orange-y red, which is usually not my thing (I also don't usually wear pink, but it was tee and pjs time by this point), but I really like this one. The matte balm, like the other one, is easy to apply, stays really well, and it doesn't feel goopy. A nice red for everyday. 

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Ravish Me Red


This is a great, more dressy, red. It's almost like a gloss but really intense - not difficult to get on (I'm very anti-liner) and stays pretty well. 

And it doesn't hurt that they mentioned it on American Horror Story: Asylum. 

Yeah bitches. 

NARS Guy Bourdin Collection - Full Frontal 


So I'm in love with this.

We're thinking of a fall wedding. 

Yes, it's a lipstick called Full Frontal. 

And yes. I wore it to school today. 

I'm not ashamed of my love!

This is one of the smoothest, most comfortable lipsticks I've ever worn. My only complaint is that it is a little dry after a few hours, but the fact that it's stayed on for hours makes that kind of moot. It's like a hyped up berry, and I love it. 

Here's what it looks like in the tube:

*And my (now janky) nail polish is OPI "Did You Ear about Van Gogh?"

I'm still wearing the BareMinerals "Risk it All" I mentioned before, and all my other reds (that's why they're all in my purse...). But these are definitely pretty high up in the rotation. 

Now to work up the gumption to try "Audacious"...

*Via Walgreens.

Until then, I'll just be planning my invites to the wedding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment