Tuesday, August 12, 2014

5 Years

5 years and 11 days ago I moved to Memphis.

I moved from Fayetteville, Arkansas (after a failed attempt at law school, two years working at a bank during the day and a bar at night, and a year into a long-distance relationship) to Midtown Memphis.

And have now spent 17ish% of my life in this city. 

Wow.

While I probably won't be here for another 5 years (since, god willing, I'll finish my PhD and get a job at some point...), it's been a great 5 years, and I can't wait to see what the rest of my time in Memphis has for me!

(My first Memphis sunburn, after the zoo the weekend I moved here)

(Oliver exploring the chaos in my first apartment - good old Rembert Street)

(And then I moved. Poor Oliver.)

(I got my MA, and started a PhD program!)

(I got a puppy, Petunia!)
(Poor Oliver)

And just recently I wore a dinosaur hat and went shopping with this guy :).

So now for the only appropriate video to go with this post.

It has nothing to do with Memphis. 

And is kind of morbid.

But Bowie is a badass.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, the first week that I realized my in-utero baby could hear (you know, those weekly baby updates tell you those things) I played that song for him and sang...and then I realized how morbid and kind of inappropriate that was, and looked for something else. That CD also had Starman on it, which was a little better...but not really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole thing is sort of macabre, but I love it!

      Delete
  2. Any plans to try Fayetteville again? (please?)

    ReplyDelete