Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fun Fall Decor!

Fall is always a really busy time for me, and this year is no exception - I've got a to-do list a mile long, and no end in sight!

But, just because it's busy, doesn't mean I don't want to decorate for my favorite season. Here are two super easy ways to add some subtle, fun fall decorations on both a time AND money budget!

Autumnal Wreath


(Autumnal is just a fun word, let's face it!)

This wreath is super easy. I bought a plain wreath from Michael's (watch out for coupons - they'll save you a ton!), two small bouquets of fake flowers, and a roll of burlap ribbon. 

Take the burlap ribbon and wrap it around the wreath, securing it between the twigs in the back. 

Cut the flowers off about 2 inches below the bud - you want to be able to securely stick them into the wreath. 

Make a burlap bow and tie/hot clue it to the wreath.

Hang it up!

This whole project cost me about $25 and took about 20 minutes to make and hang.

Fall Centerpiece


This one is even easier!

I took some of the leftover flowers from my wreath, put the paper that Hobby Lobby wrapped them in in the bottom of a small glass, cut the flowers to an even height, and put them in the glass!

I also put one of my favorite candles, Sweater Weather from Bath and Body Works, next to the vase to add a little more color and a great smell.

And the quatrefoil stand was actually a flower stand that had a broken wheel - so I took the wheels off and have used it as a centerpiece ever since! 

Total cost:
Flowers - free, from other project
Paper - free, just the wrapping paper from the flowers
Glass - I mean everyone has a glass, so I'll say free
Candle - $22, but I got it on a sale, so probably $8
Metal Quatrefoil - $10 at a garden supply store a few years ago

(I was also about to paint my nails, and the colors are Essie's "After School Boy Blazer" and "Leggy Legend" - $7 each!) 

These are easy, quick crafts that anyone can do, and that add a ton of fall happiness to your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment